Saturday, May 28, 2011

My boss' Dad owned a cafe in Montgomery during the thirties. He was one of the main advertisers for THIS WEEK'S NEWS. This little sheet is filled with classic gossip, jokes & philosophy but I think this parody of THE TWENTY THIRD PSALM is the best: "The politician is my shepherd. I shall not want for anything during this campaign. He leadeth me into the drug store for his vote's sake."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OixqPThDNE

" He filleth my pocket with cheap cigars; my flask runneth over. He inquireth concerning my family, even unto the fourth generation. Yea, though I walk through the mud and rain to vote for him and shout myself hoarse when he is elected, straightway he forgetteth me. Although I meet him at his own house, he knoweth me not. Surely the wool has been pulled over my eyes all the days of my life and I shall dwell in THE HOUSE OF THE CHUMP FOREVER."

No comments:

Post a Comment